In Mnemonica, every Project belongs to a Company. Companies are the entities that bought a contract with us. Every contract can host one or more Projects, so you can create Projects according to your contract details.
Users can access Company management from the user menu located in the bottom left corner of the page.
Every Company is related to a user called Owner. There's no Company without an Owner account. The Owner account is a standard Mnemonica account, but it is at the top of Mnemonica's hierarchies and has some essential prerogatives:
- Can invite the first Administrator
- Cannot be removed from the Company by anyone else
- Can transfer their ownership to another Administrator
- Cannot leave the Company before transferring the ownership to another Administrator
Apart from what reported above, when managing Projects, there is no difference between the Owner and Administrators. The Owner is, in fact, an Administrator.
These are the Administrators prerogatives:
- Create, edit and delete Projects for one or more Companies
- Add and remove other Administrators
- Add and remove Managers to/from Projects
- Add and remove themselves to/from Projects
When users become Administrators, they will have access to the Company panel from the user menu.
IMPORTANT: Being an Administrator will not grant users direct access to Projects. Nonetheless, a user can simultaneously be part of different Projects as a Team Member or a Guest without being an Administrator. Hence there's no relation between the roles in a Project (Team Members and Guests) and the Administrators; they are completely independent.
Access to Projects
In Mnemonica, project access is granted to Team Members and Guests only. Being an Administrator will not give users direct access to Projects. When a new Project is created, no one, even the Owner, can access it. To access the new Project (and see it on the users' home page), a user must be part of one of the groups mentioned above.
If you are an Administrator, to add the first Team Member (Manager) to a new Project, follow this guide:
- Click on your avatar in the bottom left corner and choose "Preferences" from the menu.
- From the left menu, select Projects
- Locate and click on the Project you want to add the Manager to
- Click on Invite Managers and type the desired email address
- Click on Invite
Alternatively, if you want to add yourself as a Manager to the Project, follow the previous guide up to step 3. Then click on the Join Project button.
NOTE: From the Projects panel you can only add Managers to Projects. To add Operators, you must use the Team Control inside each Project.