Access Control is the place where Managers handle Guests' access to the Screening Rooms. To access it click on the ticket icon on the sidebar of your dashboard.
The page is divided into four tabs representing four fundamental entities, or resource types:
Each tab shows the list of those objects in a primary panel on the left, and their relationship with other objects in a secondary panel called detail.
In other words, switching between the Access Control page tabs let you see the relationships among the three resource types from three different points of view.
As a general rule:
- deleting an entry from the primary panel eliminates the selected object and all its relationships in the Project, thus actually destroying a resource;
- deleting an entry from the detail panel eliminates only the relationship between the selected object and the relative category tab, and as such is never destructive.
Screening Rooms tab
In the Screening Rooms tab, on the left panel, you can find the list of the Project's Rooms. When you select one Room from the list, the detail panel pops up.
The detail panel carries four tabs itself:
- the list of Guests admitted to the Room
- the list of Groups admitted to the Room
- the list of Invited persons who have pending invitations to the Room
- in Dailies Rooms, the list of Days in the Room.
Each element found in these four lists represents the relationship between that element and the selected Room.
As a consequence, adding or removing elements from the Guests or Groups lists of the selected Room modifies that Room's Audience.
In a Dailies Room, the Days tab lists the Days of the Room divided into weeks. Any Day can be enabled or disabled for the Audience.
REMEMBER: removing Guests from the Guests tab in the detail panel does not delete them from the Project.
To add Guests to a Room read here.
In the Guests tab, on the left primary panel, you can find the list of the Project's Guests independently of the Room(s) they are admitted to.
When you select one Guest from the list, the detail panel opens up to the right. It carries two tabs itself:
- the list of Rooms where the Guest has been admitted to.
- the list of Groups the Guest is a member of.
Each element found in these two lists represents the relationships between that element and the selected Guest.
Adding or removing elements from those lists modify the Guest admissions to Rooms.
REMEMBER: a Guest can be admitted to a Screening Room both as an individual and as a member of one or more Groups that are admitted to that Room.
If you delete a Guest from the primary panel, he/she will be removed from all Rooms and Groups.
In the Groups tab, on the left primary panel, you can find the list of the Project's Groups. On the toolbar, a + button is there to create new Groups and add them to the list.
When you select one Group from the list, the detail panel opens up to the right. It has three tabs itself:
- the list of the Guests that are members of the Group;
- the list of the Rooms the Group has been admitted to;
- the list of the Invited persons, i.e. who have pending invitations to the Group.
Each element found in these three lists represents the relationship between that element and the selected Group.
REMEMBER: Deleting a Group from the Project (from the primary panel) will not delete its members from the Project.
To add a Guest to a Group read here.
Here you can find the list of all the invited Guests who are not part of the Project yet.
When you select an invited person, the detail panel shows the list of the Project's resources she has been invited to, i.e. all her pending invitations.
For each invited person you can:
- issue a reminder invitation email
- delete specific invitations.
NOTE: Invitations last 30 days, after which they are automatically removed.
See also how to deal with the pending invitations.