To pair the Gate, follow these quick steps:
- Launch the Gate (click on the Mnemonica icon on the Finder bar or the Tray bar)
- Type in the Mnemonica user credentials you are using on your browser session.
- Once logged in, click on the options menu button and choose Preferences.
- On the Preferences page, locate the Gate ID section.
- Copy the Gate ID key from the text field or click on the copy button beside it.
- Go to your browser, click on the Gate icon on the top bar, and choose Pair Gate from the menu.
- On the following dialog, paste the copied ID key into the text field and click SAVE.
The Gate is now paired with your browser. Check the pairing status on the top bar by verifying the color of the Gate icon:
- green: paired and connected
- orange: not paired
- red: can't connect to Mnemonica servers. In some rare cases, lost paring, pair the Gate again.
When the icon is displayed in red, something may be wrong with your system:
- check your internet connection
- check the logged user (must be the same on the browser and the Gate)
- bad ID, in some rare cases, you must pair the Gate and the browser again
NOTE: You can pair as many browsers as you want with the same ID key.
+ Important notice + To prevent losing the pairing each time you close the browser window, we recommend enabling cookies and data saving for mnemonica.io in your browser preferences.