To download and install Mnemonica Gate follow these steps:
- Log into your Mnemonica account on your web browser
- Click on the Gate icon on the right of the top-bar
- Choose Download Gate, and on the next page, download the right build for your operating system.
- Launch the Gate installer and follow the instructions.
- Once installed, launch the Gate from your Start menu and log in with your Mnemonica credentials.
- Open the downloaded DMG file and drag the Gate into your Applications folder.
- Double click to launch and log in with your Mnemonica credentials.
NOTE: If you're running Mac OS Mojave (10.14) or later, you probably need to use right-click -> open to launch Mnemonica Gate the first time (sometimes it should be done twice). Please refer to this Apple Support article to learn more.
Once installed, the Gate will appear in the Finder top bar on Mac or in Windows tray.
Mnemonica Gate is an auto-updating tool. When a new version is available for download and installation, a blue circular badge will appear near the options button, as shown in the picture below.
Mnemonica Gate will prompt any new available update every time the application is launched. To manually check the availability of a new version, click on the options menu and choose Preferences. Click then on the Check for updates link.
On the Gate window, click on the options button and select preferences.
Select Autostart with system boot to leave the Gate running in the background (recommended). When idle, the Gate has very low CPU consumption.
In the advanced settings tab, you can edit the host URL, which represents the internet address of Mnemonica servers. Don't change the host address unless specifically told by Mnemonica.
Important notice: older versions
Mnemonica Gate's versions previous to 1.6.3 are deprecated and must be completely removed from any running system.
Even if not in use by transfer activity, the older versions can interfere with other Gate's active sessions. We warmly encourage users to remove or upgrade any version of the Gate previous to 1.6.3 on each known system.
Learn here how to remove Mnemonica Gate from your system.