To download and install Mnemonica Gate follow these steps:
- Go to your browser and click on the Gate icon on the right of the top-bar
- Choose Download Gate, and on the next page download the right build for your operating system.
- Launch the Gate installer and follow the instructions.
- Once installed launch the Gate from your Start menu and log in with your Mnemonica credentials.
- Open the downloaded DMG file and drag the Gate into your Applications folder
- Double click to launch and login with your Mnemonica credentials.
Once installed the Gate will appear in the Finder top bar on Mac or in the tray on Windows.
IMPORTANT: Before starting to work with the Gate you must pair it with your browsers session.
Learn how to pair the Gate with your browser.
Mnemonica Gate is an auto-updating tool. When a new version is available for download and installation, a blue circular badge will appear near the options button as shown in the picture below.
Any new available update will be prompted every time the application is launched. To manually check the availability of a new version click on the options menu and choose Preferences. Click then on the Check for updates link.
On the Gate window, click on the options button and select preferences.
Select Autostart with system boot to leave the Gate running in the background (recommended). When idle, the Gate is very low consuming.
In the advanced settings tab, you can switch the host URL which represents the internet address of Mnemonica servers. Don't change the host address unless specifically told by Mnemonica.
Important notice: older versions
Mnemonica Gate's versions previous to 1.6.3 are deprecated and they must be completely removed from any running system.
Even if not in use by transfer activity, the older versions can interfere with users’ other Gate's active sessions. We warmly encourage to remove or upgrade any version of the Gate previous to 1.6.3 on each known system.
Learn more here.